Supporting other people in their personal journey gives me the opportunity to keep my own path.
One day, after 5 years of therapy based on talking, I was feeling my belly contracted and in pain, as always, and I asked myself:
How can a person get healed from an emotional and physical pain that started way before she could even speak, through talking? How come the body is being left out from this process?
Since that day I’ve been searching for answers to questions as:
- What do people need to be happy?
- What brings people well being and fulfillment?
- What do people search in relationships?
- Should we separate body, mind and psyche in the healing process?
- How can we bring together feelings, emotions, body and mind in therapy?
My Body Knows is the result of much researching and learning, through my personal journey with different approaches – from Body Therapy, studies in Nursing, Therapeutic Massage and Trauma Healing (Somatic Experiencing® and SOMA), through my clients and their journeys, through being a mother, a partner, a woman, a friend, a sister, a daughter…